Sunday, March 6, 2011

ANOTHER SUNDAY, ANOTHER PARADE

 

The pictures are from the Ambrosia parade in Thibodaux, Louisiana, Sunday a week ago, which I mistakenly thought was the Sunday before Mardi Gras. In fact, last Tuesday, I put up a post wishing everyone Happy Mardi Gras, which I quickly removed as soon as I found out it was not Mardi Gras day. The posts stay in Google Reader seemingly forever, even after they are deleted, and I was well embarrassed.


 

Below is Grandpère watching the parade the easy way and not caring at all if he catches beads.


 

The young man below was, by far, the most adorable amongst the people watching the parade. Just look at his strawberry blond hair!


 

A recycled photo of Diana in her beads.



Today is the real Sunday before Mardi Gras, with another parade that passes in front of our church. Usually the crowds that attend today's parade, Cleophas, are larger than the numbers who come out for the Ambrosia parade.

At this very moment, Grandpère is putting together the ham and sausage jambalaya which will be our contribution to the potluck lunch in the church hall before today's parade.



See how Grandpère and I love one another? Last Sunday, it was quite warm with a strong wind blowing. Today, the weather is gray and cooler.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Mimi! Ham and sausage jambalaya...yummmm! I don't suppose Grandpere will share his recipe? I make a very simple version, but my husband likes it spicy, and I'm betting GP's is tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you two lovebirds have a wonderful picnic and parade! (Your rain of yesterday is in our region today--and nothing as interesting as jambalaya and parades in Richmond... sigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi L Williams. I will try to get a recipe out of Grandpère and post it here. I know he uses pork sausage and tasso, which is also pork, but a particular cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. margaret, the weather here was scary yesterday, strong winds and pouring rain. Tornados struck in southwest Louisiana. I hope yours is not as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The warning signals keep beeping on the tv --it's raining like crazy and the winds are fierce --as far as I know, there are no tornados yet....

    wv: treery
    Yes, the trees are very upset with the high winds --scattering all the promises of the buds...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is made of so much Aww! (and Mmmmm, re the jambalaya)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks, JCF. The jambalaya was delicious.

    The sun came out later in the day, so it was cool and beautiful for the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the photo of you two lovebirds. Happy partying until we all have to repent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Pablito, thank you. It's a nice picture, if I say so myself, which I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.